What is Personal Training?
- Personal training is exercising under the personal guidance and expertise of a qualified exercise professional.
- Personal trainers have the knowledge and experience to offer advice and guidance in the areas of exercise and fitness.
- These professionals can assist you by designing a safe and effective exercise program to help you reach personal goals.
- A personal trainer can assist with weight loss, exercise performance and improved wellness.
Benefits of Personal Training
- Suitable for everyone with no age restrictions
- Effective in lifestyle changes
- Effective in stress release
- Muscle toning, sculpting and building
- Improved cardiovascular fitness
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Meeting specific athletic goals such as training for a marathon or other competition
- Customized programs based on needs and physical abilities and medical conditions
- Improving sport specific performance (hockey, baseball, curling, golf etc.)
- Suitable for healthy and medically challenged populations such as those with:
- Heart disease or individuals with high cardiac risk factors or family history of same
- Respiratory conditions (COPD)
- Neurological conditions
- Kidney disease
- Hypertension and high cholesterol
- Arthritis or other joint / muscle disease
- Exercise is effective in preventing and managing many chronic conditions
- Few individuals know how to begin a safe and effective exercise program
- Technique and postural corrections are critical for injury prevention
- Without knowledge and guidance of a qualified exercise professional there is the potential for injury, loss of motivation and ineffective lifestyle changes
What Does Personal Training Involve?
- Detailed baseline assessment and re-assessment including:
- cardiovascular fitness, muscular strength and endurance, and flexibility tests
- anthropometric measurements such as girth measurements and body mass index scores
- Individualized exercise prescription based on client's needs and goals
- One to one exercise guidance or group or partner training
- Exercise instruction by a qualified exercise professional
- Safe, effective, challenging and FUN!
Personal Training Pricing
Contact us to customize a package based on your needs. Packages range from single sessions to volume discounted package sessions. Pricing is also available individually, in pairs or in group rates.
Studies suggest people who work-out with trainers are more likely to stick to an exercise routine than those who work out on their own so, what are you waiting for?
Exercise is Medicine!