Various modalities including ultrasound, and electrical neurostimulation will be utilized in the treatment of pain, muscular weakness and swelling.
Intermittent Pneumatic Compression
- Utilized for control of joint swelling and vascular insufficiencies and oedema.
- Compression bag available for the lower and upper extremity.
- Intermittent delivery of a controlled pressure via air chambers.
- Available for home rental.
- A cooling and compression system used for acute swelling an effusions.
- Effective for the control of swelling post surgery or acute injury.
- Pump system propels cold water into a bladder applied circumferentially around a joint or limb.
- Available for clinic or home application.
- Multiple joint applications.
- Can be applied for 10 - 20 minutes every hour.
NMES (Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation)
- For facilitating muscle contraction for the treatment of muscular and neural deficits as well as pain.
- Can also be used for bio-feedback in conjunction with exercises